TO OUR AMAZING FAMILY OF DEDICATED VOLUNTEERS:
We cannot thank you enough for your commitment to Peter & Paul Community Services. Your time and talents throughout the years have made us who we are, and for some of our programs, you have been the driving force that enables us to serve thousands of community members each year. We are grateful for the patience you’ve given us as we navigate through these uncertain times.
OUR PLAN MOVING FORWARD:
- Our Meals Hall program is continuing to serve meals by utilizing partnerships with organizations that have commercial kitchens.
- Our emergency men’s shelter will continue to be open 24/7. With that care comes the responsibility to provide 3 daily meals. We are graciously accepting donations of meals, either prepackaged or via local restaurants.
>> At this time, in-person volunteering is still suspended. Should you be so inclined, here are some wonderful ways to safely serve our clients and patrons.
- In-kind donations are being accepted, as long as the items are NEW and in UNOPENED packaging.
- If you order ANYTHING on Amazon, link your account to us on Amazon Smile!
– Search Peter & Paul Community Services to benefit us.
- Donate specifically to Meals/Shelter
Our cost varies depending on details, but here are some estimations…
– 1 meal for 1 person (meals/shelter) = $5
– 1 dinner for our entire Shelter, currently = $150
– 1 dinner for our entire Meals program, currently = $500
- Write a thank-you note to one of our many amazing staff members! Download the Word file below, and print on your home printer!
Peter and Paul Community Services
care of Kati Ballard Hoffman
Saint Louis, MO 63118
Download Thank You Note
- Become PPCS Facebook Ambassador: Add our custom frame to your profile picture
- Edit your profile photo
- Click “Add Frame”
- Search “Peter & Paul”
WHAT WE HAVE BEEN DOING:
- All staff are wearing masks during their shifts. PPCS has procured enough masks and face coverings for all clients and staff.
- Our programs have implemented accountability procedures for clients who want to move into our programs during a limited window of time.
- Our Soulard Shelter, which is typically open overnight, is now 24/7.
- Temperatures of all our clients and staff are being checked at least once per day.
- Our staff deep clean all facilities regularly. We are educating our clients on proper hygiene and cleaning protocols.
- Residents at our housing and shelter programs are largely sheltering in place, with group outings being monitored closely to ensure adequate face mask usage and hand washing hygiene.
- Educational groups led by clinical staff at all programs are socially distancing as much as possible.
- Our Meals Program, which usually serves as many as 200 meals daily from the 2nd through the 21st of each month, has changed from congregate meals in the parish hall to distributing sack lunches by our staff, outside the building. We have also rented an outdoor hand washing station for clients to use.
- With the shelter in place order, all-volunteer opportunities have been temporarily suspended.
- Staff members are covering many extra hours every day, preparing additional meals, and doing all the other tasks usually done by our generous volunteers. In order to compensate the staff for their increased workload and dedication to our clients, we have instituted temporary incentive pay for essential front-line employees.
Thank you for your support of PPCS and our programs and services during this time.