Third Party Fundraisers
A third-party fundraiser is a great way to raise money for your unhoused neighbors. Simply, a third-party fundraiser is when someone outside our organization with a passion for our mission – YOU! – hosts a fundraiser and then donates the proceeds.
First, what is your idea? Or, do you need some ideas? We want to help however we can so that you feel good about your efforts.
Second, what can we do to be of assistance? Do you need a little graphic to share on your social media or via email? Do you need a web landing page? This is wholly your “event” but we’re happy to assist wherever possible. We do ask that any graphics you make on your own are shared with us in advance, just to make sure we’re being represented correctly.
Please fill out the form on this page to get started.
The best third-party fundraisers:
- Are simple. It’s easy to understand and people can quickly tell that it’s benefitting Peter & Paul.
- Make sense. A running club might do a pledge drive for friends and family based on miles run. An improv player might make Peter & Paul the benefactor of a show.
- Are fun! If it sounds fun, and there’s a bonus altruistic element, people will usually support your efforts!
Some ideas for you:
- Tried and true, simply have a party, and be an ambassador for Peter & Paul. Tell your guests why you support us, and encourage their support. We can work together to provide your guests with all the different ways they can give. If you’re willing and able, you can match donations up to a certain amount to encourage giving.
- Plan a ticketed event. Collect money upfront (we can help with this if needed) for something of value to attendees. The sky is the limit – crafts, food/drink tastings, pub crawl, games, movie, speaking engagement, cooking class, etc.
- Ask your family and friends to donate. If you use a preexisting tool like Facebook, this is really easy.